Kimm Fletcher, who has two children ages 7 and 9, was diagnosed in 2010 with glioblastoma multiforme, a deadly and aggressive form of brain cancer. She has asked the province to cover the cost of the drug Avastin to prolong her life, and the lives of others. However, Ontario only covers the cost of the drug for colorectal cancer — a funding decision made by the province’s drug evaluation committee.
Avastin is covered for brain cancer treatment, specifically glioblastoma multiforme, in British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The infusion treatment of Avastin takes six months, which she receives at a Burlington clinic, and costs $48,000 over that period.
“If this gives me an extra year to live, to love my husband and play with my children, I want that opportunity,” she said in an interview. “Even if it’s too late for me to get funding, I want the next person in my situation to be able to live a longer life.”
The Fletcher family, members of the Waterloo Regional Kart Club, have a deep history in the Ontario racing community, with roots in almost every division. With such a rich heritage in grass roots racing, it seems fitting to raise funds for Kimm by way of an Online Auction comprised of quality racing items. The Online Auction which is completely made up of Hendrick Motorsport items, and is directly from Hendrick Motorsports themselves, will run from February 18th at 6pm to February 25th at www.BaileyAuctions.com
The Auction consists of:
- Kasey Kahne AlpineStars Fire Suit
- Mini Helmet – Signed by Jeff Gordon, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne and Rick Hendrick
- Jeff Gordon Sign – Autographed by Jeff Gordon
- Winner’s Circle Photo – Signed by Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Chad Knaus, Rick Hendrick
- Jeff Gordon Dupont Jacket
- Hendrick Motosports Team Shirt – signed by Kasey Kahne
- Farmer’s Insurance Hat – signed by Kasey Kahne
- Hendrick Motorsports Leather Jacket
- Jeff Gordon Martinsville Win Shirt
- Jimmie Johnson Lowe’s Jacket
- Chase Elliott Pocono win Shirt
- Jeff Gordon Dupont Shirt
About Bailey Auctions:
Established since 1971, Bailey Auctions has been a home-grown, family business – with the appreciation of family values and needs a major part of our everyday business. Dan Sr. has focused on antiques, fine arts, and catalogued auctions.
Dan Bailey Jr., and brother Bob, lead the fast growing company through the times of change, and have fully prepared the firm for rapid growth and expansion.
To place bids on items please go to www.BaileyAuctions.com