Eastern Canadian Karting Championship
Mosport Kartways Open This Weekend!
With the karting season now in full swing, the long anticipated debut of the NEW Canadian Tire Motorsport Park Karting Centre is finally here. This weekend marks the Grand Opening of the new facility and is jam packed with on-track activities.
With a picture perfect weather forecast in store, festivities begin with MIKA Spring Training scheduled for this Saturday. The event is FREE to all MIKA Members and a detailed itinerary can be found below. Visiting members are welcomed as always and can join the festivities by making a $50 donation to MIKA.
The event will split into two segments with Rookie Training starting the day and Timed Practice getting underway just before lunch. ALL participants must sign-in by 10:15am for transponder assignment.
Fifteen bonus points will be awarded to all participants, and as the new layout opens for the first time this will be a great opportunity to get your kart tuned for the new season. With a quick turnaround, Race One is scheduled the very next day as Sunday May 3rd marks MIKA Race One. Race details can also be found below.
MIKA SPRING TRAINING ITINERARY
• 7:30am – Gates open
• 8:00am – Rookie’s Only – in-class training
• 9:00am – Rookie Only – on-track training
• 9:15am – Sign-in and transponders
• 10:30am – Drivers meeting – ALL drivers
• 11:00am – Open practice – Senior 2-stroke
• 11:15am – Open practice – Senior 4-stroke
• 11:30am – Open practice – Junior 2-stroke
• 11:45am – Open practice – Junior 4-stroke
• 12:00pm – Rotax Senior and Rotax Masters
• 12:15pm – 4-Cycle Junior/Junior Lite
• 12:30pm – Micro Max/Novice
• 12:45pm – Rotax DD2/Shifter Karts
• 1:00pm – 4-Cycle Senior/Masters
• 1:15pm – Mini Max/Rotax Junior
• 1:45pm – Rotax Senior and Rotax Masters
• 2:00pm – 4-Cycle Junior/Junior Lite
• 2:15pm – Micro Max/Novice
• 2:30pm – Rotax DD2/Shifter Karts
• 2:45pm – 4-Cycle Senior/Masters
• 3:00pm – Mini Max/Rotax Junior
• 3:30pm – Conclusion of on-track activities
*Class groupings and practice order subject to change based on participation.
With little time to spare, participants will be busy preparing their karts upon the completion of Spring Training as the first point’s race of the season follows the next morning. The schedule which incorporates a full complement of both 4-Cycle (Briggs/Honda) and 2-Cycle (Rotax) classes can be found below.
MIKA RACE 1 – SUNDAY SCHEDULE
• 7:30am – Gates Open
• 7:30am – Registration Open’s
• 8:15am – Registration Close’s
• 8:30am – Mandatory Driver’s Meeting
• 9:00am – Practice Session 1 (8 Minute Session)
• T.B.D – Qualifying (6 Minute Session)
• T.B.D – Pre-Final (6 Lap Race)
• T.B.D – Final (10 Lap Race)
• 4:00pm – Podium Presentation
MIKA RACE 1 – RACE ORDER
• Rotax Masters
• 4-Cycle Junior
• 4-Cycle Senior
• 4-Cycle Junior Lite/Novice
• Rotax Senior
• Rotax Micro Max/Rotax Mini Max
• 4-Cycle Masters
• Rotax Junior
• Rotax DD2/Shifter Karts
The race will utilize the Long Track configuration which is the same lay out which will be featured for the ASN Canada FIA Canadian National Championships. For more information on the Mosport Kartways please visit www.mosportkartways.com.
*Please Note: Full Event details are now available on-line at www.mosportkartways.com. Be sure to check out our NEW calendar feature to stay up to date on upcoming events.**